Disney-World-Hollywood-Studios-Magic-Hat.png
Toll Free 888-WDW-CHEAP
Explore the Magic of Disney World

Bed bugs? (1/5)

• TOPIC: Bed bugs?

Bed bugs? 8 years 1 month ago #6647

Since the last topic that I posted was about bugs, I'll keep with that theme. [88] I recently saw a report on Dateline about the recent increase in bed bugs in motels/hotel rooms. They say once you bring them home with you in your luggage/clothes etc. that they are literally impossible to get rid of. Has anyone had any experience with these bugs while staying at Disney? It said that you can removed the attached headboard in the hotel room and see evidence of an active or previous problem. Just wondering
    • LargeMarge
    • Earning My Ears
    The administrator has disabled public write access.

Bed bugs? 8 years 1 month ago #6648

I think you would be more able to find them in a hotel that was not so picky on their cleaning. I doubt that it is a problem at Disney, unless someone brought them from home.
    Disney World here I come!!!

DVC Member!!

Bed bugs? 8 years 1 month ago #6649

i know i have never with disney or any other place we have stayed. what is the first smell when you walk into your room? for use it'a always the smell of bleach that greats us as soon as we open the door. so no i don't think you will have any problem.
    • JulieB
    • WDW Fanatic
    Not close enough to the WDW.How I wish it were my backyard.

Bed bugs? 8 years 1 month ago #6652

Don’t be so sure... Disney was not immune to the dirty dining report from CBS not to long ago and I know for a fact that there is a lot of turbulence in the housekeeping department right now. Lysol spray is only a few dollars and worth the investment if you ask me.
    • Michael
    • Top Mouse (Forum Admin)
    • Thank you received: 6
    Direct from WDW!

Bed bugs? 8 years 1 month ago #6674

When we go to the Philippines for work, they make us take bed bug spray with us to soak down the bed in.
    How you can check for evidence of the critters is to look in the edge of the mattress where the stitched on piping meets the mattress material. Look for the little creepies in there first.
    Also, check the mattress for small specs of blood.

They say that the bed bugs have risen since the dollar is so weak, lots of foreign tourists are coming here for vacation and bringing the little creepies with them
    • Phlydude
    • Top Mouse (Moderator)
    • Thank you received: 1
    phlydude [;)] (aka Dennis)
    "I only hope that we don't lose sight of one thing - that it was all started by a mouse" Walter Elias Disney

Bed bugs? 8 years 1 month ago #6678

has there ever been any reports of bed bugs in disney. this is such a creepy topic. i have never even encountered any in my life so how would you treat for them. do you strip the bed down and check and then spray? use a whole can of lysol per bed or half. i don't want to bring home any new roomies for our family. we have no vacancies... lol.
    • JulieB
    • WDW Fanatic
    Not close enough to the WDW.How I wish it were my backyard.
    Time to create page: 0.251 seconds
    Submit to DeliciousSubmit to DiggSubmit to FacebookSubmit to Google BookmarksSubmit to StumbleuponSubmit to TechnoratiSubmit to TwitterSubmit to LinkedIn pin This

Now featuring TripAdvisor Reviews in our packages!
    TripAdvisor

Disney, SeaWorld, Universal, LegoLand and other artwork, logos and properties belong to their respective companies. All rights reserved. All offers are subject to change. Prices displayed are in some areas of this site samples based on non-peak times and may vary based on availability.

Disney Discounts!

No spam, just the deals, discounts, promos and codes!