Disney-World-Typhoon-Lagoon.png
Toll Free 888-WDW-CHEAP
Explore the Magic of Disney World

September 2012 Visit - Helpful Info? (2/2)

• Page:

TOPIC: September 2012 Visit - Helpful Info?

Re: September 2012 Visit - Helpful Info? 2 years 7 months ago #35583

Hi,

We've been going in early September for years, it's my wife's birth week so we celebrate that and take advantage of the lesser crowds. We usually get there a day or two before labor day and things are pretty busy, but after that Labor Day Monday, it's thinned out a LOT. With the Dining Plan usually in effect, be sure and make restaurant reservations. I remember before the plan started a few years ago, we never even thought about reservations. We were able to walk into any restaurant and get seated. Not any more.

There is usually the afternoon shower. No big deal. And when the steam from Main Street clears, everything is back to normal - LOL!

Over the years there have been refurb closings, but usually everything is up and running - except the Noodle Station. We have never seen it open. We have a running joke to round the corner on Main Street and see if the 'Station' is open. What is nice about it is that it furnishes a nice, uncrowded seating area to rest a minute or eat some food bought on Main Street.

Mike
    • Speedy123
    • Honorary Cast Member
    • Thank you received: 1
    The administrator has disabled public write access.
    The following user(s) said Thank You: TS1998a

Re: September 2012 Visit - Helpful Info? 2 years 7 months ago #35585

Thanks Speedy & Jenn for the info. Appreciate it!

Rain doesn't bother me, so if it forces people into hiding or out of the park, so much the better! :-)
    Definitely looking forward to seeing the park decorated for Halloween.

Have stayed in the past at both the POR and CBR and am planning on CBR this time as well.

Good to know about the DDP and ADR. Hoping they release 30% off rooms for September soon instead as that is a better deal for me over the free DDP especially with the changes and restrictions they have made in the past few years. It used to be worth it but no longer.

It's a shame that the Terrace isn't open usually this time of year, I love their Mandarin Shrimp Salad..mmmm
    • TS1998a
    • Earning My Ears

Re: September 2012 Visit - Helpful Info? 2 years 7 months ago #35589

If you book a room only reservation prior to discounts coming out, it's risk free. And you can apply the discount when it comes out.

I like October better. It's a little cooler and a little dryer.

And I like food and wine which starts later on Sept 28th.

September is a low crowd level. People don't pull kids out of school during the first month of school.
    • rgjarrell
    • WDW Fanatic
    • Thank you received: 2

Re: September 2012 Visit - Helpful Info? 2 years 7 months ago #35603

A poster just updated a thread which was originally an old post about LAST YEAR's free dining promotion. And it had the dates attached.

So, remember, keep an eye out for 2012-2013 free dining offers if there are any.

But if last year is a guide: think about doing early October instead of late september. Maybe a free dining offer will come along.
    • rgjarrell
    • WDW Fanatic
    • Thank you received: 2
    Last Edit: 2 years 7 months ago by rgjarrell. Reason: totally wrong info based on stupidity
    • Page:
    Time to create page: 0.208 seconds
    Submit to DeliciousSubmit to DiggSubmit to FacebookSubmit to Google BookmarksSubmit to StumbleuponSubmit to TechnoratiSubmit to TwitterSubmit to LinkedIn pin This

Now featuring TripAdvisor Reviews in our packages!
    TripAdvisor

Disney, SeaWorld, Universal, LegoLand and other artwork, logos and properties belong to their respective companies. All rights reserved. All offers are subject to change. Prices displayed are in some areas of this site samples based on non-peak times and may vary based on availability.