Polynesian-Water-Parade.png
Book a Disney World Packages
Explore the Magic of Disney World

Downtown Disney McDonalds closing? (1/2)

• Page:

TOPIC: Downtown Disney McDonalds closing?

Downtown Disney McDonalds closing? 4 years 2 months ago #31798

I've read that the downtown McDonald's is closing. While it is a slightly overpriced McDonald's compared to normal McD's prices, it is much less expensive than other choices at downtown Disney. And it is a welcome familiarity for people that want that sort of thing and it is a convenient place for foreigners to try out an American McDonald's.

Is it being replaced by a latin chicken place?

I wonder if people care, or if it just one of those changes that happens, and life goes on
  • rgjarrell
  • WDW Fanatic
  • Thank you received: 1
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Downtown Disney McDonalds closing? 4 years 2 months ago #31800

I seriously hope not. We go there every visit to keep a little bit of home in our vacation for Ty.We just talked about it last night even.
  • cuddlebug
  • WED Club Member

Downtown Disney McDonalds closing? 4 years 2 months ago #31801

I read that too and thought it was a shame. I'd rather have a simple McDonald's to go to as a fall back to everything else. As a matter of fact we grabbed a quick breakfast there on our last trip.

Downtown Disney McDonalds closing? 4 years 2 months ago #31804

I could just be reading to much into this but it seems to me that Disney has been getting away from Mc Donalds over all. When was the last time you even saw a Disney movie being promoted by Mc Donalds? This doesn't make much sense for Downtown Disney though and the restaurant near the All Stars Resorts was just refurbished.
  • Michael
  • Top Mouse (Forum Admin)
  • Thank you received: 6
Direct from WDW!

Downtown Disney McDonalds closing? 4 years 2 months ago #31810

It's a little wierd. Maybe the chicken place is going to give more in rent and the McDonald's lease was up? (If that even is the arrangement.)

Also, they don't do Mcdonald's inside the theme parks either. I went to the frontierland french fry wagon and found that they're not a mcdonald's anymore. They do chicken fingers and fries that are just like the rest of the counter service food at magic kingdom. That was kind of a bummer, but also annoying because it was more expensive now, and a waste of time.

That McDonald's by the all star resorts is kind of goofy though. I'm not sure why anyone would go back for seconds especially if you have a car. It's twice the price of a mcdonald's less than a few miles away on 192 off property. Their dollar menu is more like a $3 menu.
  • rgjarrell
  • WDW Fanatic
  • Thank you received: 1

Downtown Disney McDonalds closing? 4 years 2 months ago #31831

I personally was appalled by the thought of McDonalds in the parks. How gauch! Like a famous singer selling his song for a car commercial.
  • goodguy23
  • Honorary Imagineer
Eric E. Wilson
DVC since 2005. Saratoga 2005, BLT 2009, Grand Californian 2010.

Next trip, February 18, 2011. Key West, Cozumal, Grand Cayman, Castaway ...here we come!!! :)
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.269 seconds
Submit to DeliciousSubmit to DiggSubmit to FacebookSubmit to Google BookmarksSubmit to StumbleuponSubmit to TechnoratiSubmit to TwitterSubmit to LinkedIn

Disney Discounts!

No spam, just the deals, discounts, promos and codes!

We will soon be featuring TripAdvisor Reviews!
TripAdvisor