Central Florida will host its very first Bacon festival on Saturday 5th, right in Downtown Orlando. Connoisseurs of bacon will fill Festival Park for sampling the best bacon central Florida has TO offer. Throughout the festival there will be bacon treats for all, inspired from Central Florida’s best restaurants, bacon flavor beverages, live music from national and local acts, and tonnes more family fun. There will be more than 30 of the top restaurants creating bacon-based and inspired samples, all running for the award “Best of Bacon”. We are anticipating a crowd of more than 2,000 lovers of bacon, and a distribution of well over 30,000 bacon samples, bacon lovers traveling from all over to taste the very best in bacon-inspired samples.
- Best Brands and Farmers Pride Bacon step up to the plate and supply the bacon for the Festival of Bacon. 5,000LBS of 15 different types of Free Bacon will be cooked to a delicious perfection and distributed right at the entrance and at 3 stations throughout the Festival.
The 2 Winners of Best Overall Bacon and Best Restaurant Style Bacon will automatically be qualified for the World Food Championships in Las Vegas to compete for the Title of World Bacon Champion and $25,000.
Bacon Wrapped, filled, and Packed:
- More than 30,000 bacon samples on offer
- Loads of competitions including “best bacon”
- Free parking available with Yelp check in
- No ENTRANCE FEE for kids under 10
- Face painting for kids of all ages
- A free kids play zone including a bouncy castle and more
- Live music from Kaleigh baker, Ben Prestage and many more
- Bacon-based activities and games
- LOTS MORE BACON
- Free raffle for a 4 hour night train excursion – 100% of proceeds to no profit organizations
- TV screens featuring all the best college football games
- Bacon ale!
- Free samples – limited so be sure to arrive early
- Whiskey Row – A chance to sample some fine whiskeys
- Cocktail from the winner of best bacon cocktail available to try
- Skateboarding from Galactic G and InstaRamp
- MORE BACON! When you purchase pre sale entrance tickets, receive $10 in “bacon bucks”. Items will cost between $2 and $5 at the festival.
General admission tickets are available online at the Festival of Bacon website. Other discounted tickets will be offered through our media affiliate outlets leading up to the day of the Festival.
The Festival of Bacon founders will donate a portion of ticket sales to the “Future 6 Helping Hand Foundation”. F6HH was established to create extreme action sports programs for individuals in Central Florida communities that normally don’t have the opportunity to play or participate in these activities due to lack of financial means.
WHEN: Saturday, 5th October, 2013 at 11-7P, 2911 E Robinson St, Orlando Florida 32803