✩ Tarzan - ExploreTheMagic.com

• Tarzan

12 years 5 months ago #16140 by Isaly
    Just wanted to report on Disney's Tarzan on Broadway. I went and saw it tonight, and thought my fellow Disney lovers might want to know about it.

First off, I got my tickets at TKTS which is a place to get tickets the day of the show for 50% off. I got row H orchestra tickets for $60. I would recommend TKTS for small groups that have flexability with both shows and seat location.

I thought that the show was great. I would literally pay 60 bucks again to see the first 10 minutes. With beautiful scenery and well thought out special effects, actors go from riding on a boat to swimming in an ocean. It all ends with a spectacular aerial view of them walking up the beach. It will blow your mind. 10 minutes...worth it. I thought that some of the stuff went on for a little long (gorillas swinging over the audience for instance), but for the most part the musical moves very quickly. The musical is not recommended for children under 6, but I would exercise caution even a little about that. There is lightening and complete blackouts (there was lots of screaming), LOUD gunshots, an extremely large spider, and a few comments a bit on the racy side. Of course, there is also a completely beautiful man in a loin cloth. A very small loin cloth.

The singing is fantastic and the aerial work is splendid. The women are the real shining stars in this production. Both Kala and Jane were played to perfection. Tarzan is played by Josh Strickland, a former American Idol contestant. His voice is absolutely flawless.

A good thing about the Disney shows on Broadway is that they now allow you to bring in food and drink to the theater, a nice way to keep the young ones (and me) appeased

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

12 years 5 months ago #16142 by PurpleGuitar
    Loin cloth? Very small loin cloth?! Oh, I'm there!

We are not human beings having a spiritual experience.
    We are spiritual beings having a human experience

Dec. 2007 ~ Port Orleans French Quarter

12 years 4 months ago #16173 by JulieB
    oh, thanks for the review. i would love to go and see any of disney broadway shows but i know i would be able to drag my husband so it looks like i will have to start asking family members or friends to go with me.

Not close enough to the WDW.How I wish it were my backyard.

12 years 4 months ago #16181 by PurpleGuitar
    Julie...I LOVE broadway, my husband is the same, he'd rather have root canal.
    I also live in NJ and would love to go to NYC.
    PM me with what part of the state you are from!!

We are not human beings having a spiritual experience.
    We are spiritual beings having a human experience

Dec. 2007 ~ Port Orleans French Quarter

12 years 3 months ago #17991 by harra
    This is from USA Today:
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Tarzan will take its last swing through the Broadway jungle on July 8.

The lavish Disney stage version of its 1999 animated film will close after 486 performances and 35 previews, Thomas Schumacher, head of Disney Theatrical Productions, announced Friday.

"I am disappointed that the Broadway production of Tarzan will close earlier than any of us had hoped, and I would have loved for it to have been as successful in New York as it now is in Holland," Schumacher said.

The show, which received mostly negative notices on Broadway, has been a big hit in the Netherlands, opening there in April 2007 to good reviews and a sold-out summer at the Circustheatre in The Hague. Other productions are planned for Germany and possibly Japan, Schumacher said.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

You can read more by going here:
    www.usatoday.com/life/theater/news/2007-06-23-tarzan_N.htm

<b>Ray</b>
    <i>DVC Member since 2006 (Saratoga Springs Resort)</i>

My Blog
    My Disney Blog: Grumpy's Hollow
    My MySpace Profile

[img]...
    [img]

12 years 3 months ago #17998 by mommyofseven
    that's too bad, i have yet to see any of Disney's Broadway productions, i don't live to far, i'm thinking it's because of the cost!

Crazy for Disney! I'd live there if they'd let me!

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...
    It's about learning to dance in the rain.

Time to create page: 0.256 seconds