✩ Give a day. Get a day. - Page 2 - ExploreTheMagic.com

• Give a day. Get a day.

9 years 9 months ago #31669 by Michael
    I have not been through the process myself so I don't have the answer to those questions myself but I can make an educated guess that a copy will be good enough. However, I'm sure there will be a lot more information coming around... scarpang recently went through process and is waiting for her ticket vouchers.

Welcome to the forums. I want to encourage anyone that is "lurking" in these forums to join and say Hi.

Direct from WDW!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

9 years 9 months ago #31672 by peanut_bunny_2
    Yes, Please step forward and say "Hi". We won't bite. I promise.

Welcome HD_3!!!

Disney World here I come!!!

DVC Member!!

9 years 8 months ago #31675 by scrapang
    It says up to 2 weeks for your voucher but I think ours was about 5 days. YOu get an email with a link and you print them off yourself. And for the birth certificate I do think it has to be the official copy with the seal imprint, not just a copy. So far I've only found 2 of the 3 I need and I'm getting frustrated, I don't want to have to go downtown and wait in line forever to get another.

9 years 8 months ago #31679 by Michael
    So, fold up your certificates and pack them for your trip? This is sounding less and less attractive.

Direct from WDW!

9 years 8 months ago #31726 by scrapang
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">You must bring a valid photo ID along with your voucher. Valid ID is one of the following: valid Government Issued Passport, valid Driver's License including a photo, or valid Government Issued Photo ID. For children under 18 who do not have any of the previous listed IDs, a certified copy of a Birth Certificate is acceptable. School IDs or children security IDs are not deemed government-issued photo IDs and will not be accepted. Please note: the Guest whose name is on the voucher must be present at the time of ticket redemption (for example, parents cannot redeem tickets for their children in their absence.)

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Even if I had to pay for the certified copy (which I do) @ $25 I'm still ahead of the game $50 per ticket. I do understand the need for the certified copy. There will always be people that try to trick the system. 2 kids I have theirs already, 1 I need to order. The one coming by mail will probably be folded anyway. The other ones that are a flat document I stuck in a rigid envelope (from photos). I'll take those to the window with me then I'll probably rent a locker for the day to stick that in rather than carry it around and worry about crunching them up. But really even if they did get ruined and I had to buy new cert. copies I'm still coming out saving.

9 years 8 months ago #31727 by HD_3
    I understand now that it needs to be a certified copy (after calling guest relations) but on the "Give a day" site, the FAQ has it listed like this....

(pulled from the site)
    Here is the link: disneyparks.disney.go.com/disneyparks/en...erms-Conditions-FAQs

<i>What do I need to bring to the theme park to redeem my voucher?

To redeem your ticket at a Walt Disney World or Disneyland theme park, you must bring a valid photo ID along with your voucher. Valid ID is one of the following: valid Government Issued Passport, valid Driver's License including a photo, or valid Government Issued Photo ID. For children under 18 who do not have any of the previous listed IDs, <font color="blue"><u>a copy of a Birth Certificate is acceptable</u></font id="blue">. School IDs or children security IDs are not deemed Government Issued Photo IDs and will not be accepted. Please note: the Guest whose name is on the voucher must be present at the time of ticket redemption (for example, parents cannot redeem tickets for their children in their absence.)</i>

I plan on bringing a certified copy.... $16 for a copy from our state is no big deal, but I just hope others don't read that from the site and only bring a photocopy.

~HD_3

Time to create page: 0.295 seconds