✩ Ticket price increase? - Page 2 - ExploreTheMagic.com

• Ticket price increase?

9 years 4 months ago #33177 by harra
    I don't know, but it could be a strategic move to try and get people to book stays before August to counter the promotions at Universal in regards to the WWoHP (Wizarding World of Harry Potter)

I have a feeling this is going to be a competitive summer between those two juggernauts

<b>Ray</b>
    <i>DVC Member since 2006 (Saratoga Springs Resort)</i>

My Blog
    My Disney Blog: Grumpy's Hollow
    My MySpace Profile

[img]...
    [img]
    The topic has been locked.
    9 years 4 months ago #33179 by Michael
    I was trying to link it to Free Dining in my mind. Regardless of what happens we with have about a week's lead time so just start putting some funds into the ticket fund and be ready to buy to save some money.

Direct from WDW!
    9 years 4 months ago #33183 by peanut_bunny_2
    Any idea as to a percentage it might be going up? Say 5% or 10%. Just trying to see if it is cheaper to buy now or wait until next month when Discover offers cash back on Theme Park tickets.

Disney World here I come!!!

DVC Member!!
    9 years 4 months ago #33184 by rgjarrell
    5.33% was their last historical increase.

Last May, they raised the price to get into the water park.

They have historically "moved up" the time of year that they do increases. So, if they do increases this June, they'll probably wait until June 2011 and not do an August 2010 increase.

My guess based on the pattern of increases is that they are probably moving up the time of their "annual" increase. This increase was about 5%.
    9 years 3 months ago - 9 years 3 months ago #33500 by Yensid67
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by peanut_bunny_2</i>

Any idea as to a percentage it might be going up? Say 5% or 10%. Just trying to see if it is cheaper to buy now or wait until next month when Discover offers cash back on Theme Park tickets.
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Peanut_bunny:
    The ticket prices went up last year around August 2nd, its not a major jump usually about $4 per ticket, IF IT GOES UP AT ALL!
    At this point the single day ticket is $84.14, so figure on adding $4 to that and you should be safe! It is also a good chance that you can get a deal with another ticket source!!!! I am going through my hotel (offsite) to get a room and ticket package!!!!
    I am planning a 2012 trip and I have already added $16 ticket jump to my plans!!!! Pre-Planning goes a long way!!!!!

Will

A Man Once Said. "If you can DREAM IT, you can DO IT!"

NEXT VACATION: May 6-13 2013
    Off-Site with Friends
    Former Cast Member, Jungle Cruise Skipper, Epcot Flyte Team(1998-1999)
    9 years 3 months ago #33501 by rgjarrell
    I hear that FL residents are now eligible for a payment program for annual passes online. $15 per month after an $85 down payment for a FL resident seasonal pass.

Maybe they will roll out a annual pass payment plan to everyone in conjunction with a price increase.
    Time to create page: 0.280 seconds