✩ Ridemakerz - Page 2 - ExploreTheMagic.com

• Ridemakerz

9 years 6 months ago #32191 by harra
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Michael</i>

I could also kind of see that scenario but I think you might change your mind once you see the prices and the quality... maybe. I'm on the fence.
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

You are right. I haven't seen the product yet so it may be too cheaply made for me to want to display on my shelf

<b>Ray</b>
    <i>DVC Member since 2006 (Saratoga Springs Resort)</i>

My Blog
    My Disney Blog: Grumpy's Hollow
    My MySpace Profile

[img]...
    [img]

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

9 years 6 months ago #32272 by Michael
    I have to admit the car my son built is getting a lot play time. Maybe not such bad purchase after all but still very expensive.

Direct from WDW!

9 years 3 months ago #33455 by miranda
    I could imagine after awhile they get boring...

Collecting would be awesome, but not for these prices

Plus, watching a car roll around on the floor isn't that much fun especially when it makes A LOT of noise. Just turning the wheels makes a weird mechanical sound!!

All in all, collecting:thumbs up toy:thumbs down

9 years 3 months ago #33476 by cuddlebug
    Tyler will be biulding a dream car on Monday morning before they open. I think he will definately want remote control. This is a sureprise to him and Sierra[:D]

8 years 3 months ago #35137 by plumbob
    <div align="left"></div id="left">
    I know this is an old posting, I wish I would have read it prior to taking my 9 year old son to the store. He recently started using some older cars at home and became re-interested in them, so he was excited about this car. He did enjoy the process (although I think they have a lot of opportunity to improve with some better organization, signage and assistence) but there was not $70+ of enjoyment, especially with his eventual disappointment.

We did not spring for the $5 9V battery, so we did not get to try out the R/C (what kid is not going to want the R/C option) until we stopped by Walmart and got back to the Hotel this evening. UGH, the RC was very week, would only run on the hard wood flood, would barely roll on the hard hotel floor carpet. The bigger issue is that the car will not steer and acceperate at the same time, I think the R/C unit in the car is defective. Letting off the "gas" in order to steer was very confusing and eventually frustrating for my son, he lost interest in about 30 min due to the poor performance.

I hope to get to stop by the store before we leave to see if they can make good on getting us a car that at least will steer while accelerating. Not something I would recommend or return to at this point. I should have used the $$ to buy him what he wanted at the Lego store.

Time to create page: 0.219 seconds