✩ Behind the Scenes Space Mountain Proposal??? - ExploreTheMagic.com

• Behind the Scenes Space Mountain Proposal???

7 years 7 months ago #35733 by Bobby K
    My girlfriend and I are HUGE Disney fans. On our last visit to WDW her favorite ride Space Mountain was down due to tech issues so we didn't get to ride. We are planning a huge trip with the whole family this Fall and I want to pop the question at the park and I had an idea......Because it's her favorite and because we were not able to ride it last time I want to do it on Space Mountain. The big idea though is I would love to possibly do it behind the scenes of the ride, maybe from the floor looking up at the stars and stuff. I know there are some backstage tours available but what I was thinking is a quick something that could be arranged where we pop in and out quickly as to not interrupt the ride operation very much for the other guests. I'm a Theatrical Production Manager so she wont think it's strange at all to be going behind the scenes. In my mind it will play out like this; I tell her I got a pass to check out the tech side of Space Mountain because I know she loves it so much, we pop in to the floor and we are able to see the ride and the stars and planets and as she is amazed by it all from that vantage point I ask her to marry me right after. We hug and kiss then leave. VERY minimal down time for the ride, at the most 5 minutes. Does anyone have any inside info as to who I can email or call who might be able to help a hopeless romantic? Thank you so much in advance!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

7 years 7 months ago #35737 by Michael
    Disney used to put a lot of effort into proposals but not so much lately. I can tell you that they will not take you in there while it's in operation and they will will not stop the attraction unless it breaks down, either way they won't be taking you in there but that doesn't mean you could do something in the line.

Here's my suggestion. During the the People Mover ride there is a long period of time were you are going through Space Mountain in complete darkness, like can't see your hand in front of your face darkness. When you go in, get the ring out, when you come out into the light again you could be holding the ring and then ask the question. Maybe invite a friend along to take a video (I would even volunteer if you don't have anyone that can do the video for you).

Direct from WDW!

7 years 7 months ago #35740 by Kim_BigWishTravels
    Michael I love that idea!

I know exactly what part you are talking about. When it's so dark in there, you are really trying hard to see what's around you and you can't.

Then when you emerge into the light. BAM! You are holding the ring! How exciting.

Let us know Bobby what you decide. What ever you decide, proposing at WDW is romantic in and of itself :earswink:

7 years 7 months ago #35742 by Michael
    Hell, wish I had done that proposal myself now.

Direct from WDW!

7 years 7 months ago #35744 by Stormblade
    Wow that is Amazing Michael were where you when i was going to pop the question? :)

The Byers Family

Time to create page: 0.203 seconds