✩ My experience with Cirque du Soleil La Nouba - ExploreTheMagic.com

• My experience with Cirque du Soleil La Nouba

12 years 9 months ago #12144 by Michael
    Okay, it's expensive, you hear about it all the time how great it is, its artsy, it's a lot of things so here is my take on Cirque du Soleil La Nouba.

1. I only got to use half the seat that I paid for because the guy next to me had no concept of personal space and was frankly a little to big for the seat but it would have helped if he didn't sit with his legs spread eagle [dunno] ... not a big deal but he certainly could have been more aware of the people around him which he clearly was not.

2. For the smaller kids in your group grap 2 boosters but don't get ridiculous about it... my 3 year only about 3 ft 6 in and had trouble seeing most of the show... well the parts that are actually on the stage. I'm not suggesting that you put your 5 year old on top of 2 boosters and block the view behind you.

3. My 3 year old loved the show but my 8 year old was bored and this is not a place for babies what so ever... it gets loud and its a tight fit making it hard to exit.

4. The show is bit long at 100 (1 hour 40 minutes) minutes with no intermission.

5. Visit the gift store after the show... I was tempted to buy the DVD before hand but realized after the show that we would probably never watch it so I suggest buying those souvenirs after.

6. There really isn't any bad seats because the show takes place all over.

7. There is popcorn and the usual movie theater style snacks at the movie theater prices so eat before hand or maybe take some peanuts in your camera bag [hungry]

The show was in my opinion entertaining but its really not my kind of thing. I don't think I'll ever go again but it's worth seeing if you have time and can afford the $80+ tickets

Direct from WDW!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

12 years 9 months ago #12145 by harra
    My wife and I got tickets as part of our package. So, of course, we were going to go. Plus, it helped quell the barrage of comments about how I never take my wife to the "theatre".

I was bored to tears, but I have often been accused of being too uncivilized to appreciate "art"....haha

<b>Ray</b>
    <i>DVC Member since 2006 (Saratoga Springs Resort)</i>

My Blog
    My Disney Blog: Grumpy's Hollow
    My MySpace Profile

[img]...
    [img]

12 years 9 months ago #12146 by Michael
    I didn't go in sleepy but I came out yawning. I guess I too do not appreciate good art but then again I don't understand why diamonds are women's best friend and men get a dog?

Direct from WDW!

12 years 9 months ago #12149 by peanut_bunny_2
    My sister and her friend said "that it was alright once, but I don't know about seeing it a second time". We will find out soon since we ordered our tickets for the show about a week ago. Hope that they get here soon. I like to have all my ducks in order as soon as possible before I go.

Disney World here I come!!!

DVC Member!!

12 years 9 months ago #12150 by Michael
    You can always go to the ticket window and tell them your tickets didn't arrive in time and they will hook you up.

Direct from WDW!

12 years 7 months ago #13838 by brojack17
    I have always had a facination with the circus. I even performed as a clown for a period of time. When Cirque first came out, I was blown away with what they had done with the circus. La Nouba was the first Cirque show I have seen.

If money permits, we will take the kids there this year. Last time, I got two free tickets (from a conference I was attending) and the grandparents watched the little girls. I hope we can all see it this time.

Time to create page: 0.170 seconds