✩ Downtown Disney additions - ExploreTheMagic.com

• Downtown Disney additions

9 years 7 months ago #31984 by Michael
    Downtown Disney is pleased to announce several additions as part of its overall revitalization plan. In the coming months, the district will welcome two new stores and will add 3D technology to the AMC Pleasure Island 24 theater.

After its success at the Downtown Disney District in Disneyland in California, RIDEMAKERZ will open a new retail entertainment experience on the Westside of Downtown Disney for a limited engagement. This store will integrate full-size cars and a supercharged interactive experience that lets guests build, customize and trick out their very own radio-controlled vehicles. RIDEMAKERZ will open March 25 through fall 2010.

D Street, a new apparel store where urban-inspired product "intersects" with a Disney creative edge, will also open on the West Side and showcase a mix of products for both men and women. Building on the existing popularity of Trend-D at the Marketplace, D-Street will include edgy apparel, pop culture novelties, and Vinylmation figures and collectibles. Opening in April.

AMC Entertainment is currently upgrading auditorium one to be the first Enhanced Theater Experience (ETX) in the United States. The ETX auditorium will include a 20 percent larger, floor-to-ceiling screen, 3D technology, 12 channel audio and digital projection that delivers higher resolution than HD. AMC will debut the ETX auditorium in time for the premier of Alice in Wonderland in 3D on March 5

Direct from WDW!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

9 years 7 months ago #31986 by rgjarrell
    This AMC movie theater is so awesome. I've been to nice theaters and big theaters in many locations. But this theater is really neat.

By the way, I think the new 3D (spiral) technology in place for non-IMAX movies is really nice. No longer do you have to hold your head in the perfect position to watch.

It's too bad that the 3D technology inside the parks will be eclipsed by this technology at the movie theater.

I really like the upstair balcony seating they have in some theaters there. I saw Star Trek when it was first out there, and it was a great movie and movie going experience.

Some people ask, why waste time at the movies on vacation when that's something you can do at home. Well, this movie theater is much better that a lot, and sometimes you just don't have time at home to see a movie, but on vacation you can make time. Especially on an evening that's rainy or parks closed early. It sure beats paying the high prices of a movie in the hotel room.

9 years 7 months ago #31987 by mypixe
    This has to be one of my must do, on my next Disney Trip.

Off grounds in 98
    Coronado springs 99
    French quarter in 2000
    All star movies 2001
    All star sports 2002
    River side 2003
    Cribbean beach 2004
    All star sports 2006
    All star sports 2008
    All star sports 2009
    POP CENTURY 2010
    All star Music 2012
    All Star Sports 2015

Time to create page: 0.315 seconds