✩ Pleasure Island returns - ExploreTheMagic.com

• Pleasure Island returns

8 years 11 months ago #34191 by Michael
    Disney filed 2 building permits today that seem to indicate that 2 of buildings will be completely renovated. 8 other buildings are getting face lifts. Pleasure Island was shut down down 2 years ago (9/2008) because of low attendance. Pleasure Island originally opened in 1989 which were drastically different times.

I've always felt that Disney is a weather-vane for the economy so does this signal a recovering economy?

Direct from WDW!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

8 years 11 months ago #34195 by Yensid67
    Here is my opinion on PI...

I think Disney made a mistake to close PI because of attendance, at least they had SOME guests going to enjoy dancing and music at the various clubs and stages. I hope Disney has seen the errors of their ways and are bringing back at least SOME of the clubs. I think when they dropped the entrance fee and charging cover charges at teh different clubs, that is where things started to go down hill, with guests and locals alike. I think they should implement the one-time entrance fee for the area and restrict underage guests/locals like it use to be. Why mess with something when it was working fine!? I sincerely hope they bring back PI in its glory of the good ole days, when it was THE place to be after the parks closed. I hope they have it up and going strong for my December 2012 trip. One last side note, maybe they closed it years ago, only to reinvent the area again once the economy bounced back?

A Man Once Said. "If you can DREAM IT, you can DO IT!"

NEXT VACATION: May 6-13 2013
    Off-Site with Friends
    Former Cast Member, Jungle Cruise Skipper, Epcot Flyte Team(1998-1999)

8 years 11 months ago #34204 by rgjarrell
    I knew it was only a matter time when I saw stroller parking at pleasure island!!

Disney is a family destination with plenty "sprinkled" and nestled in for adults.

They will have a much better revenue success with fancy restaurants than with dance clubs. The comedy club was funny, but at Disney they just couldn't really do real stand up (with lots of vulgarity). And the dance clubs were fun, but the 70's retro club was the only one that was busy. And it was filled with conventioneers being all corporate having very reserved fun.

Things change, and this is just one of them. Frankly, I really like Ragland Road.

I don't think it's a weather vane for the economy though. They are just poised to react to the economy. They probably would have done this anyway. They also need to finish the Pop century family suite rooms too.

8 years 11 months ago #34207 by Michael
    I can say with certainty now the economy is returning. Just in the last few days I've had a few indicators. This is only one of them. BTW, I'm a pessimist by nature.

LOL, stroller parking, reminds me of the Simpsons episode were they throw their kids into the the fenced area and then proceed into to some sort of drink fest.

Direct from WDW!

8 years 11 months ago #34212 by rgjarrell
    Was that was the disney episode? They went to an EPCOT satire and Homer really wanted to go to magic kingdom. He finally hopped the barbed wire fence and said I'll like 1 churro please, and the vendor says that'll be $8.

8 years 11 months ago #34213 by Michael
    Nope, I think it was when they went to Octoberfest... don't remember. The one you are referring to is funny.

Direct from WDW!

Time to create page: 0.260 seconds