✩ Fork and Screen at Dowtown Disney AMC 24 - ExploreTheMagic.com

• Fork and Screen at Dowtown Disney AMC 24

8 years 3 months ago #35028 by Michael
    We are going to try the new Fork and Screen at Downtown Disney's AMC 24 today. I'v heard varying reviews. I like the idea of dinner and a movie but we'll see how well it actually works.

www.amctheatres.com/dinein/forkandscreen/

Here is a sample menu: tinyurl.com/3ulay7u

Yes, I noticed there is "beer, glorious beer" on the menu [:D]

I suggest using the online reservation system to buy tickets and select your seats. The prices are a bit steep for food but I expected that.

Direct from WDW!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

8 years 3 months ago #35029 by Michael
    Nice way to see a movie. The overall experience was worth it for us. We ended up spending about $110 for dinner and a movie for 2 adults and 3 kids. The food was mediocre and the seating arrangements were also OK. There was only 4 seats in each row so we had to put 2 of us in front of the other 3.

Advice/tips:
    - Book in advance to get middle theater seating or get the back seats. When you buy your tickets online you get to select your seats. We sat a little two close being in the 3rd row back but it was still OK.

- The drinks are free refill on soda

- Not exactly the fastest service but again, in the except-able range.

- Ask for a tray if you have a bad back because you have to lean forward to eat.

- Take a jacket, it's really cold in there but this applies to any movie theater.

Direct from WDW!

8 years 3 months ago - 8 years 3 months ago #35031 by rgjarrell
    There's beer at the regular amc side too!!

Brew n view!

We wandered through their area on the preview night back in May before it was open to the public but when it was serving "invited" guests / i.e. people who were friends and family of employees.

So, we snuck in because basically we wanted to exit the theater on the east side for a shorter walk back to Saratoga Springs. It is "s.w.a.n.k.y". If you subtract an average traditional movie ticket price of $10 per person from the above price, then dinner for 5 was about $60 which is really pretty good.

We're definitely going to try it. I love this theater and this only improves it.

The only gripe is that you HAVE to go to the west side entrance for traditional movies which is the far side from the boat to saratoga springs. And you have to go the east entrance for the dinner theater. But it is what it is. Just don't go the wrong way if you're not used to the new arrangement.

8 years 3 months ago #35032 by Michael
    Correct, we made that mistake as well. I figured either side connects so it didn't matter but it does. I get the feeling they are still working out some of details but it was OK. I also think it has the potential to be really great. Throw in an restroom break half way throw the movie and be a little faster on the service and I'd call it ideal. I heard complaints about the pricing but I felt it was on par.

Direct from WDW!

8 years 3 months ago #35033 by goodguy23
    Did you find it annoying trying to pay attention while eating? I'm the guy who's eyes are wide open while slowly putting popcorn in my mouth and not taking my eyes off the screen.

Eric E. Wilson
    DVC since 2005. Saratoga 2005, BLT 2009, Grand Californian 2010.

Next trip, February 18, 2011. Key West, Cozumal, Grand Cayman, Castaway ...here we come!!! :)

8 years 3 months ago #35034 by Michael
    I don't have a problem with that. I actually prefer to watch something while eating... it slows me down. More than that though is getting things brought to you rather than trying to load up before sitting down and then shuffling food between the family while being careful not to drop or spill anything. The table in front of you is great for that. I'm creeped out by the thought of anything being on the floor. Oh, and the popcorn is free refills as well.

Direct from WDW!

Time to create page: 0.362 seconds