✩ Do you get autographs at WDW? - ExploreTheMagic.com

• Do you get autographs at WDW?

12 years 6 months ago #19469 by brojack17
    I mentioned autographs in the PhotoPass topic and Michael responded. I almost replied back but decided to start a new thread so as to not incur the wrath of Michael.

Do you do the character autographs at WDW? We don't and I'll tell you why, I think it's a huge waste of time. I have four kids. Say I was to spend forty bucks on books for each of them, now I have to wait for each of them to take their book up, hand it to the character, watch the character awkwardly try to sign, put the book down, THEN take the picture.

I don't get upset with the people that do this, but I just don't see what the big deal is. Do the characters "play" with the kids less if they are signing a book? Peter Pan and Wendy & Hook and Mr. Smee really interacted with our kids. We had a lot of fun with them. Would they do that as much if so much of your time is spent signing books.

Your thoughts

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

12 years 6 months ago #19470 by irammari
    Being it was our first time there, we did do the autograph books. I only had two kids and I told the kids to have teh book open to a blank page and the marker open and ready to go so when they came they could sign, take pic, laugh, gigle and be on there way. I only paid $4 for the books on ebay so it was not much of an expense for me. I saw they can get really expensive in the parks if you did not have one.

Next trip, we probably will forgo autographs. Since we already have em, no need to do it again.

It is funny though, looking htru the books, with the characters signing the books, there are diffent sigs for the same character. I WONDER WHY! LOL ---- HAHAHAHAH!

Mari

Mari
    www.myspace.com/aramgirl

12 years 6 months ago #19472 by brojack17
    Why? :)

Did you have one book for the kids to share or did each have a book? Two would be managable, four would take too much time.

We spent enough time trading pins. The kids wanted to stop and trade with EVERYONE. They would trade the pin they just traded for ten minutes prior. And all four had to trade every time. My second to oldest was upset that she ended up the bear from <i>Robin Hood</i> at the end of our last day. I told her, "You traded for that pin."

12 years 6 months ago #19476 by AaronsMom
    On my sons first Disney vacation it didn't occur to me to get him an autograph book until after we got home and then I thought of it. This time I made him and my nephew both autograph books to take with us. I made them using small scrapbooks so on one page will be the characters autograph and the other page will have there picture with the character. Both of them are very excited about having the book. My son, he's 7, does not talk but he loves picture books with few words and I know this will become one of his favorites!

12 years 6 months ago #19477 by JLKennedy
    Let me tell you what my cousin (JBuser) did...she bought plain white pillow cases and got permanent fabric ink and stenciled Walt Disney World on the cuffs of the cases. While I didn't use mine at the world, she did...and it is very inexpensive. A plain white pillow case runs maybe $5....or what we plan on doing next year is, at our 06 trip, we purchased so much stuff and showed our AAA platinum plus card (or whatever it's called) and we got a free lithograph of the castle and all the characters....matte included. We'll take it with us next year and have them sign that and have it professionally framed when we come home. We did buy an autograph book just for our daughter last year, our 1..almost 2 year old just wasn't interested.

12 years 6 months ago #19479 by T1nk
    aaronsmom, I am going to steal your idea!! My son is all about getting autographs when we go, partly because we are going on his bday. I think it will be a nice reminder of his bday week celebration having that scapbook and the autographs to match!! I can't wait to look for a little scrapbook now! Thanks for the idea!
    My 2yo won't have a book though, next time we go, I will get her one...She will be more interested in seeing them than getting a autograph.

Time to create page: 0.218 seconds