✩ Do you get autographs at WDW? - Page 3 - ExploreTheMagic.com

• Do you get autographs at WDW?

12 years 6 months ago #19492 by conwayjohn71
    We did the autograph thing on our June trip, our girls loved it.....

we did the autograph book with the picture insert, so we got pictures with the character and then placed it on their autograph page

we also bought the photo pass online when we got home, we had 270 pictures on it, so when we got home I put the border on everyone or an autograph and by time I was done playing we had almost 600 pictures

When we got the disk delivered I went it and cropped all the autographs and borders they put on for us and saved them so I can place them in different places then disney put them

Conway

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

12 years 6 months ago #19495 by brojack17
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by bakerboysmom</i>

We haven't been to Disney since '04 so it seems things have changed with the autographs. Is there a certain place to get them? I think my kids would like to get a couple more, we only got the characters from Chef Mickey's last time. Does the line take a long time?
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

We got stuck behind one family that had one book and three kids. One kid would go up, get the autograph, give a hug, and take a picture. Then kid #2 would do the same followed by kid #3. That took longer than usual, but for the most part it doesn't add a whole lot of time.

My feeling is this, I don't really care if others do it and I don't mind waiting extra if that's what it takes. This may be their only time to come and nothing is guaranteed for future return trips for me, so Hakuna Matata. They didn't do this in 1980 when I went for the first time as a kid, but I don't think I would have cared much for it. I <u>DO</u> like to get other autographs in "this world" though.

We have always gone on limited budget and the kids usually have about $50 for spending money. So an autograph book has never been high on their list. Even the little ones didn't ask for them. Maybe they don't realize they are there. The Pins really kept them busy this trip.

12 years 6 months ago #19500 by Michael
    Thanks for starting a new thread... as you know I don't care for the autographs but I think that for many it's another type of souvenir. To much hassle and wasted time for us.

Direct from WDW!

12 years 6 months ago #19511 by JLKennedy
    I would hope that parents would be more polite (having multiple kids) and have all their children with the character together, versus one at a time, you'll save everyone's time and you can easily get reprints for each of their books.

12 years 6 months ago #19514 by kerrivi1
    My son did collect autographs our last trip (it was his first)and loved doing and was disappointed that when he saw JoJo and Goliath that Goliath didn't give out autographs. I did organize it so we collected them at the beginning of the trip, so we didn't have to get every mickeys autograph (he had his picture taken with mickey in several outfits and we went to chef mickeys) and that type of thing, but I will say this it is easier for us (ie less time consuming expensive etc.) because we only have 1 child. He has already told me that he wants to do it again , but he wants to use the same book because he really want to get it filled up, so I was going to mark a transition page in between with scrapbook stickers indicating Disney 2008 (i had marked inside cover first time this way so he can do it again with no addition expense.

Kerri

12 years 6 months ago #19517 by Michael
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"> I would hope that parents would be more polite<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Think again, even some polite people that visit Disney turn into self centered jerks at Disney World... it happens, I've said it many times over, people check not only reality at the door but their manors and decency as well because they are simply to distracted or feel they spent too much money and have to get every last dime worth.

Direct from WDW!

Time to create page: 0.147 seconds