✩ Calling all Disney Vets! Just wonder'in... - ExploreTheMagic.com

• Calling all Disney Vets! Just wonder'in...

11 years 11 months ago #22955 by Loving the Castle
    Just a little question for any of you WDW Vets!

It's wierd , I don't remember any of these "designated character zones" when I was a kid (WDW 9 times with parents, from 1974-93). Ahhhhh, I feel too OLD! Seems like Disney Characters were always just wondering around. Maybe the areas were there, but I was just too dense to notice the organization of it all.

I also don't remember getting any autographs. There were tons of hugs and pics, but I don't recall any other kids carrying around little books w/pens all day.

Have they always organized the characters this well? Did any of you get autographs "in a time long long long long ago"

***Loving the Castle***

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

11 years 11 months ago #22957 by TiggerToronto
    I don't recall anything like that when I visited WDW in the mid-80s with friends but I do remember seeing Chip & Dale at Orlando International Airport, right outside the monorail that takes you from arrivals to luggage pick-up when I arrived the first time. I've never seen any characters since then at the airport but keep hoping ...

You're never too old for anything Disney!

11 years 11 months ago #22958 by magicmom
    being a Dland vet, i'm with you. growing up, there werent any meet n greet designated areas...the characters walked around, got mobbed with kiddos, and our pics had all sorts of kids in the background...it wasnt till oh,early 90's or so that i noticed liness to see characters. i also never had autographs either. the only time i waited in line for a character was at christmas to meet santa goofy and on my grad nite to meet a "graduated" eeyore! my husband also brought up the point that there were a lot less characters then too...

11 years 11 months ago #22959 by mommyofseven
    i don't remember any meet-n-greets either, but there wasn't as many people there either in the middle to late 70's. I have a Mary Poppins and a Snow White one from 1976, my mom dated the paper, it's not from an autograph book, it's just on a piece of paper she had in her purse. They were my favorites and they looked so real! Good God I'm getting old!!!!LOL

Crazy for Disney! I'd live there if they'd let me!

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...
    It's about learning to dance in the rain.

11 years 11 months ago #22960 by magicmom
    my husband has a pic of himself @79' with the cat from pinocchio, and thats it...(i think its a cat-its been a while since ive seen the movie or the pic.) we have no autographs though.

11 years 11 months ago #22961 by Phlydude
    1980 vet here...no autograph books but we do have a Disney brochure with character sigs in it

I remember meeting characters in front of the train station and in the castle for breakfast (Peter Pan comes to mind)

phlydude [;)] (aka Dennis)
    "I only hope that we don't lose sight of one thing - that it was all started by a mouse" Walter Elias Disney

Time to create page: 0.182 seconds