✩ Child is afraid of characters!!!! - Page 3 - ExploreTheMagic.com

• Child is afraid of characters!!!!

13 years 7 months ago #7752 by Phlydude
    yeah, the Tigger that went to court for allegedly groping a lady and her teenage duaghter

phlydude [;)] (aka Dennis)
    "I only hope that we don't lose sight of one thing - that it was all started by a mouse" Walter Elias Disney

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

13 years 7 months ago #7753 by Honeymoon05
    Ah...I only groped men of legal age :) LOL

13 years 7 months ago #7754 by mickeysgal
    Thanks for all the support....I'm glad to see we all have the same idea.

I have a question.... for all those who played characters.... I understand that hugging excited children can be rewarding, but what about the adults.... Is it uncomfortable? Maybe it's me and my random adult hugging phobia.

13 years 7 months ago #7756 by Honeymoon05
    Well....I would never mind hugging the adults. It is the adults who are being stupid I didn't like. Some adult men and women would run up to you screaming, just plain acting silly to make a scene and then they would hug me and squeeze and be very rough. They were being sarcastic and basically making fun of all the kids who like the characters. Keep in mind these people are usually aged about 16 to 30. Serious adults who want a fun picture with the character are MORE than welcome.

Besides at Disney....we all are kids during our stay right?

13 years 7 months ago #7757 by JLKennedy
    I would say something like, "mommy is going to say hi and get a hug from [insert character's name] can you take a picture of us, and then I can take a picture of you with [character] if you want. Keep it laid back and don't pressure, like everyone else has said. Or maybe when they see other kids running up to the characters, they may throw caution to the wind and just react.

13 years 7 months ago #7758 by mickeysgal
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by JLKennedy</i>

I would say something like, "mommy is going to say hi and get a hug from [insert character's name] can you take a picture of us, and then I can take a picture of you with [character] if you want. Keep it laid back and don't pressure, like everyone else has said. Or maybe when they see other kids running up to the characters, they may throw caution to the wind and just react.

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

That's a great idea!!! My daughter loves to take pictures (or at least tries to). Maybe I'll buy her a couple cheap disposable cameras and let her go crazy.

Time to create page: 0.274 seconds