✩ Extra Magic Hours change... - Page 3 - ExploreTheMagic.com

• Extra Magic Hours change...

11 years 5 months ago #26807 by bakerboysmom
    Just a question... are the room keys/tickets different for the people staying onsite than the people staying off site? If they are the same how are they going to tell the difference for the extra magic hours?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

11 years 5 months ago #26808 by harra
    Since Michael is reporting that it's the roomkeys that must be shown (not tickets), the WDW Resort room keys will most definitely look different.

<b>Ray</b>
    <i>DVC Member since 2006 (Saratoga Springs Resort)</i>

My Blog
    My Disney Blog: Grumpy's Hollow
    My MySpace Profile

[img]...
    [img]

11 years 5 months ago #26809 by mommyofseven
    the room/ticket keys are plastic with the disney world logo and your names printed on them - regular tickets (that you buy at the park) for the park are paper and printed on the back is what they are (park hopper, how many days), unless you buy the ones from the disney store, they are plastic cards that have different characters on different types of cards - other hotels use their own logos on their room cards - i don't think it will be a problem or take up any extra time to check. (at least i'm hoping lol)

Crazy for Disney! I'd live there if they'd let me!

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...
    It's about learning to dance in the rain.

11 years 5 months ago #26810 by Phlydude
    Yeah, the "Key to the Magic" cards are credit card type cards - they had Tink on them in the past and now I think they have the castle on them. They have your name, some numbers that don't mean anything to anyone but Disney and your dates of stay.

They are very easy to differentiate compared to the standard park admission.

phlydude [;)] (aka Dennis)
    "I only hope that we don't lose sight of one thing - that it was all started by a mouse" Walter Elias Disney

11 years 5 months ago #26828 by bakerboysmom
    I thought that was the case but I just wanted to check. We always stay onsite so we don't have anything to worry about.

11 years 5 months ago - 11 years 5 months ago #26838 by joybell
    All kids are given key cards because that is their admission ticket also, right? I am guessing this is a cost cutter. No one has to be there to pass them out, so that cuts paying cast members and they do not have the cost of the wristband. I would bet the cost of these went up with oil prices. Plastic is made from a petroleum base, I think. Whatever their reason, I guess we have to comply!! I wonder if the parties and special events will quit using them? I hope not, there would be no way to differentiate between who paid and who did not, so I bet those will still be used. Oh and another thing, I bet the sale of those lanyard things with a place for your pass picks up! Might be a side benefit for WDW! That would eliminate getting your pass out at each ride! I bet the cast members won't check for passes! How does the key card and just a regular admission pass differ?

Joybell
    'Ohana means family!

Time to create page: 0.177 seconds