✩ Weekend After Christmas??? - Page 3 - ExploreTheMagic.com

• Weekend After Christmas???

10 years 6 months ago #30581 by goodguy23
    Are you staying at a Disney resort. Check the Extra maginc ours, that could influence your days. AK at night with extra magic hours is a very special place to be! You have the park to yourself. Just make sure you bring snacks for the kids. Trying to find food is difficult.

Eric E. Wilson
    DVC since 2005. Saratoga 2005, BLT 2009, Grand Californian 2010.

Next trip, February 18, 2011. Key West, Cozumal, Grand Cayman, Castaway ...here we come!!! :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

10 years 6 months ago #30587 by jaxlore
    yep we where there with the extra magic hours just the other day and it was really nice!

10 years 6 months ago #30589 by rgjarrell
    I've gone after christmas when decorations are still up. But it was the weekdays after the weekend after new year's. There's a huge drop off in crowd level on the monday following new year's day.

But while the xmas decorations remain, the xmas spirit was gone, and it almost just sort of emphasized this when half way through our trip xmas decorations were removed.

We then subsequently tried to go during early december, and crowds were also light then, but the xmas spirit was much more prevalant and the atmosphere was really special.

10 years 6 months ago #30593 by Michael
    The Christmas spirit never lasts after the holiday even at Disney World. Sort of like graffiti after the party and borders on depressing. We visit the parks more in Jan/Feb than any other time of the year because of crowd levels. There's been times when we are literally all alone in an entire attraction or land. Thinking back this has not happened awhile though. I remember being totally alone in the Streets of America at Hollywood Studio's once.

Direct from WDW!

10 years 6 months ago #30594 by rgjarrell
    I've been completely along in streets of america in late January too. But there's absolutely nothing back there. After the last stunt show, and if back lot tour is closed, there's just muppets movie. Back by the stunt show, there's a ton of open space to just let the toddler run wild...

But it's better and less depressing when they take the xmas stuff down and just get back to regular old disney decorations once xmas is over.

10 years 6 months ago #30595 by Michael
    I was watching them put Christmas lights on the castle last week from Bay Lake Tower. That would be a cool vantage point to watch them do over the Magic Kingdom in Christmas decorations.

Direct from WDW!

Time to create page: 0.224 seconds