✩ Extra Magic Hours - ExploreTheMagic.com

• Extra Magic Hours

14 years 9 months ago #3138 by ktbear
    Hi everybody-
    I was wondering what the deal was with the Extra Magic Hours, I won't be able to stay at a Disney Resort. The website says it's only for resort guests but if I have tickets for the Magic Kingdom on the day it stays open late are then are they going to somehow kick out all the people who aren't resort guests... I 'm super confused.. any info would be greatly appreciated[:D]
    thanks
    Katie

Sunshine!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

14 years 9 months ago #3139 by Phlydude
    Extra Magic Hours - courtesy of allearsnet.com ( allearsnet.com/tp/emhour.htm )

EXTRA MAGIC HOUR, a program that allows you to visit a particular theme park on a designated day beyond regularly scheduled operating hours, is offered ONLY to guests staying at:

-- Walt Disney World-owned resorts
    -- Walt Disney World Dolphin & Swan Resorts
    -- Shades of Green
    -- Hilton Resort at Downtown Disney

NOTE: Beginning January 2, 2005, a NEW Extra Magic Hour program, with both morning and evening extended hours, was launched. This coincided with the introduction of the new "MAGIC YOUR WAY" ticket program.

Morning Extra Magic Hour occurs one hour prior to regularly scheduled park opening. That means if the park is scheduled to open at 9 a.m. to the general public, the Extra Magic Hour begins at 8 a.m. Transportation for the park offering Morning Extra Magic Hour will begin 30 minutes earlier than the opening time.

NOTE: You MUST present a valid Key to the World Card (Resort ID) at the park's turnstiles.

Evening Extra Magic Hours typically extend three hours beyond a park's scheduled closing time. You'll need to obtain a wristband at the theme park by presenting a valid Key to the World Card at one of several designated locations no sooner than two hours prior to park close.

NOTE: There has been some confusion regarding the new Magic Your Way tickets and Extra Magic Hour. If your Magic Your Way ticket DOES NOT have the Park Hopper option, you will NOT be able to visit more than one park per day. This means that if you want to take advantage of Extra Magic Hour, you must be sure to visit the park offering it that day or evening.

Example: You visit Magic Kingdom in the morning. Epcot is the Extra Magic Hour park of the day. You MAY NOT go to Epcot that evening if your Magic Your Way ticket does not have the Park Hopper option.

Select attractions will be open in each park. See BELOW for the lists of open attractions.

Attractions open during MORNING Extra Magic Hours

Magic Kingdom:

Astro Orbiter
    Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin
    Cinderella's Golden Carrousel
    Dumbo the Flying Elephant
    Mad Tea Party
    The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
    Peter Pan's Flight
    Snow White's Scary Adventures
    Space Mountain
    Tomorrowland Indy Speedway

Epcot:

Mission: SPACE
    Spaceship Earth
    Test Track
    Universe of Energy

Disney-MGM Studios:

Muppet*Vision 3-D
    Rock 'n' Roller Coaster
    Star Tours
    The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror

Animal Kingdom:

Discovery Island Trails
    It's Tough to be a Bug
    Kilimanjaro Safaris
    Pangani Forest Exploration Trail

Attractions open during EVENING Extra Magic Hours

Magic Kingdom:
    Astro Orbiter
    Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
    Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin
    Cinderella's Golden Carrousel
    Dumbo the Flying Elephant
    Mad Tea Party
    The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
    Peter Pan's Flight
    Space Mountain
    Tomorrowland Indy Speedway
    Magic Carpets of Aladdin
    Splash Mountain
    Country Bear Jamboree
    Jungle Cruise
    Swiss Family Treehouse
    Stitch's Great Escape!

Epcot:

Mission: SPACE
    Spaceship Earth
    Test Track
    Universe of Energy
    Journey into Imagination with Figment
    El Rio del Tiempo
    Honey I Shrunk the Audience
    The Maelstrom

Disney-MGM Studios:

The Great Movie Ride
    Muppet*Vision 3D
    The Magic of Disney Animation
    Rock 'n' Roller Coaster
    Sounds Dangerous
    Star Tours
    Tower of Terror
    Voyage of the Little Mermaid
    Playhouse Disney - Live on Stage!

Animal Kingdom:

The Boneyard
    Dinosaur
    Festival of the Lion King
    It's Tough to be a Bug
    Kali River Rapids (Seasonal)
    Kilimanjaro Safaris (Seasonal)
    Tarzan Rocks!
    Triceratop Spin

phlydude [;)] (aka Dennis)
    "I only hope that we don't lose sight of one thing - that it was all started by a mouse" Walter Elias Disney

14 years 9 months ago #3140 by BMead73
    I have a question regarding this Extra Hours... How will they know who is staying at the resorts and who is not. Do they ask everyone to leave when the parks close and then allow resort guest back in. How is this going to work.

14 years 9 months ago #3141 by Phlydude
    You didn't read it did you??
    "NOTE: You MUST present a valid Key to the World Card (Resort ID) at the park's turnstiles.

Evening Extra Magic Hours typically extend three hours beyond a park's scheduled closing time. You'll need to obtain a wristband at the theme park by presenting a valid Key to the World Card at one of several designated locations no sooner than two hours prior to park close."

"I only hope that we don't lose sight of one thing - that it was all started by a mouse" Walter Elias Disney

14 years 9 months ago #3142 by BMead73
    sorry i misunderstood about the wristband part.

14 years 9 months ago #3143 by Phlydude
    no problem, it was a lot to read [:)]

Time to create page: 0.158 seconds