✩ Disney Stroller Rentals - Page 2 - ExploreTheMagic.com

• Disney Stroller Rentals

10 years 1 month ago #31678 by Michael
    OK, Orlando Stroller Rental sounds like a winner of a choice... anybody else use them (looking for other testimonies)?

Direct from WDW!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

10 years 1 month ago #31684 by peanut_bunny_2
    I have not rented from them, but I have heard nothing but good things on other web sites. I have seen those strollers that they use and if I was buying another one, I would get that type.

Disney World here I come!!!

DVC Member!!

10 years 1 month ago #31685 by Michael
    Do they have a website? Someone post the link please.

Direct from WDW!

10 years 1 month ago #31686 by rgjarrell
    DO NOT get a Disney stroller if you think it will replace your own stroller. Just get a more portable stroller that would fit better into the van. There are strollers that are as compact as umbrella strollers but with some storage and a little more sturdiness than a $30 umbrella stroller. Also the seat in that stroller leans back some. It's about $100-$200 for that compact stroller. For the price of a week's double rental, buying a stroller would be more financially sound, because it would be yours. You could sell it. You could use again and again.

Here's my one experience with a (free) rental stroller.

I was asked not to use my bicycle trailer as a stroller (a common feature of bicycle trailers) in the magic kingdom even though they let me on the boat with it at fort wilderness. They claimed the front wheel sticks out too much and children would trip on it. (I'm actually glad they stopped me. We brought a normal stroller, but my wife thought we could really "load up" with the bike trailer stroller). They stopped me at the turnstyle and asked that I leave my bicycle trailer with them and instead accept a free double stroller rental. My son loves the look and feel of sitting in these strollers as he thinks they're neat (I guess). That's the ONLY benefit the rental had. They are FAR from useful. First of all, they're too bulky. There's NO storage. My son couldn't sleep at all in it especially compared to a regular stroller.
    And it has weird brakes. It was annoying to push around. You had to constantly hold onto it otherwise the brake would engage. That got annoying.

I doubt scrapang would actually like the rental given the need he/she described.

I disliked it A LOT. I will always choose to use our own stroller. I would anticipate very few scenarios where this wouldn't be the case.

If Orlando stroller rental rents out nice peg-perego or strollers that would otherwise retail for $400 - $500 then that would be interesting. (And a more desirable stroller than disney's rental.) But their products probably only retail for around $200 to $250 max. They probably get their "investment" in the stroller back in one month.

Some people have been known to just go to walmart or somewhere and buy a stroller when they get there. Then they just do something with it. (Maybe a donation to some kind of Make a Wish house or something would be appropriate for an abandoned stroller?). In the vein of refillable mugs that weren't purchased. I guess one could just try to return a stroller after using it for a week.

The stroller that currently works well for our 3 year old is a version of Peg Perego Si lightweight stroller. Ours was a different and cheaper brand that we got at babies r us (a floor model).

Basically, it folds like an umbrella stroller. It has underneath storage. It is taller than most strollers (so we're not bent over). And the child can lean back or sit up. We've also put quite a bit of weight (probably as much as the child) on the back of it in 2 or 3 separate bags, and it held up well.

I suggest storing the stroller on the floor in front of the kids whose feet can't reach the floor.

Get 2 of them and use a handy "doubler" stroller device and you can convert it to a double or let 2 adults each handle their own stroller.
    (not to shill for other websites, but here's a link: www.princelionheart.com/site_irl/t_str_6550.html (they're the manufacturer I've only seen this in action a few times at disney. it strolled well. It probably isn't as easy to fold up though)

I looked at orlando stroller rentals website. They have good endorsements from authors of a good disney guide that I've read often and respect.
    Their weekly price is sort of high however compared to just purchasing the stroller. For example, on babies r us web site, you could purchase a sit n stand for $130 - $179. The 4-7 night rental cost is $80.

10 years 1 month ago #31690 by peanut_bunny_2

Disney World here I come!!!

DVC Member!!

10 years 1 month ago #31692 by scrapang
    We do have a nice Maclaren that we'll bring but if the rental right at Disney were reasonable it would have been worth it to me to leave it home and not deal with it in the car or on the busses once at Disney. We used the rentals one other time at the Pirate and Princess party I think it was but I don't remember it being nearly that much cost. But not at nearly $30/day.

Time to create page: 0.218 seconds