✩ October crowd - ExploreTheMagic.com

• October crowd

8 years 6 months ago #35176 by Speedy123
    Hi All,

I have a friend at work that is going to WDW in early/mid October. He wants to attend the Not So Scary event on a Thursday night, but is afraid that the crowds might be large. Does anyone have any info on a mid week crowd around that time of the month?

Thanks!

Mike

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

8 years 6 months ago #35178 by Michael
    You had this is the rumors forum (make sure to post in the correct area).

The crowds should be very mild in October and the special hard ticket events are limited entry anyway.

Direct from WDW!

8 years 6 months ago #35182 by Speedy123
    Hey Michael,

Oops! I knew better, but wasn't paying attention.

Thanks for the info. I'll pass it along.

Mike

8 years 6 months ago #35186 by rgjarrell
    Mid october is great time to go.

Low crowds and MNSSHP is not that crowded mid week. It's great. Weather is great too. Not too hot, but not cold either. Just don't get a MNSSHP ticket before you know the weather that night. Disney's rain check policy on this is awful and they will cancel the special stuff if it's too rainy or lighting. And no refunds on the ticket.

The advance purchase disount doesn't (IMO) justify the risk that you'll have a bad time if it rains.

The caveat is that if you don't care about the rain, then just go for it.

Rain during MNSSHP means that rides that are open are probably walk-on without a wait in that situation.

8 years 6 months ago #35188 by Michael
    I was there once when it during the Halloween party and I was offered a signal day park hopper. Which I took then just did everything in the rain. This isn't such a big deal in regular clothes but for kids in costumes (and the adult kids) this would be pretty rotten. That being said though the rainy season has usually run it's course by then. Also, don't forget that you can actually get into the park starting at 5 for the party.

Direct from WDW!

8 years 6 months ago #35194 by rgjarrell
    We didn't take advantage of the rain with our then 2 year old. It was too wet for him, and it was one of those downpours that consists of getting totally soaked within 10 seconds of being outside. It would basically be like standing in the shower except without any way of getting away.

And for pass holders, converting the MNSSHP ticket to a day pass is basically useless. We already can get in during normal times.

I was able to ask that we get it converted to pirate and princess party when they were doing that, but there was no way they would convert the tickets to a MVMCP later in December.

Just be aware that special hard ticket events are not refunded and that the rain check is for regular admission to magic kingdom.

If you like touring in the rain or would be okay with regular admission to magic kingdom, then these risks might be okay to you.

Personally, because it's only about $10 per ticket savings to do it ahead of time, I just get tickets that week or the day of and I will generally know that the event's weather should be okay.

Time to create page: 0.138 seconds