✩ No More Turnstiles at Disney Parks - ExploreTheMagic.com

• No More Turnstiles at Disney Parks

6 years 5 months ago #36607 by Lalenalily

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

6 years 5 months ago #36609 by Michael
    We've been talking about this for some time now. This is all part of the MyMagic+ but yes, there are still turnstiles and the system is only beginning to roll out.

Direct from WDW!

6 years 5 months ago #36610 by Speedy123
    Hi Michael,

Any specifics about which ones have been replaced so far? Or a timeline for complete replacement?

Thanks, Mike

6 years 5 months ago #36611 by Michael
    All parks including the water parks have the RF enabled touch points installed.

Direct from WDW!

6 years 5 months ago #36612 by FortCamperRental
    The only one I have seen them at so far is the Magic Kingdom. Went to EPCOT in the past couple of days and didn't see them yet. For AP holders they plan on giving you a new compatible pass but no date has been given yet. For now they just scan your pass after the RFID turnstyles. Not sure I would like all my info on an RFID bracelet. Too easy for someone to get that info, if it's anything like the card readers that you just need to be near and get it. Don't even have to swipe them, just be near them. I think it's more for ease of spending money and tracking where people are in the parks. They'll also have access to any information you were willing to give them to make your visit more personal. Big brother is watching....lol. Or is it the Big Mouse? lol

6 years 5 months ago #36613 by Michael
    I said it from the very post about "next gen" this is tracking and behavior analysis with some added benefit for the end user. Heck, I pointed it out almost 10 years ago.

The EPCOT turnstile is technically still being built (it's behind construction walls as seen from the monorail).

Direct from WDW!

Time to create page: 0.152 seconds