✩ No More Turnstiles at Disney Parks - Page 2 - ExploreTheMagic.com

• No More Turnstiles at Disney Parks

6 years 5 months ago #36628 by rgjarrell
    It would have to depend on how Disney is encoding the RFID tags.

One big reported problem is that RFID is easily scanned from nearby. While it may just be a bunch of numbers, it's easier to skim.

And then someone could more easily spoof the playback of that information to the turnstile scanner. (A scammer would have to have been careful to make it look close enough to the real mccoy wristband.)

But it would be hard to figure out whether or not the skimmed info is for a 1 day or 10 day pass or whatever.

The bad part is that if you have an "X" day pass and you skip a day but your cloned skimmed/ stolen number is used on your skipped day, you'll lose that day.

It's probably unlikely at this point.

But that is probably a big unspoken reason the season / annual passes are not yet handed out. (A skimmed number is valid for too long and harder to catch.)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

6 years 5 months ago #36629 by Michael
    A counterfeiter can make those easily. The 4 digit pin code is also easy to steal. There will be lots of people not wanting to MyMagic+ for anything other than FastPass and PhotoPass

Direct from WDW!

6 years 3 months ago #36670 by FortCamperRental
    One of the side-effects of the new system is that the bathrooms in Fort Wilderness are now locked all day and can only be opened by an RFID. This affects me as I may need to use the facilities while there and have to ask someone to let me in. It's funny but some maintenance guys were working there and even they couldn't get in.

6 years 3 months ago #36673 by Michael
    So then when we check in for a camp site we will all get RFID cards right?

Direct from WDW!

5 years 11 months ago #36736 by Speedy123
    Hi All,

I received a UPS envelope that contained a sheet explaining that I was picked to try out MyMagic + during our upcoming trip. It sounds neat, but I do have a couple of reservations - one security related, and one comfort related.

I've read previous posts here and I am concerned about RFID 'theft'. I'm not sure what information they will contain, but I'm sure I wouldn't want the bad guys to know it. Also, I'm not sure I want to wear what looks like a wide rubber bracelet on a hot, humid, Florida day.

Any thoughts are appreciated.

Mike

5 years 11 months ago - 5 years 11 months ago #36737 by Michael
    The card contains no information at all except the RFID that is linked to an account, stealing your RFID would do no good unless they also have your pin number. The band itself is very comfortable and you forget you are wearing it but if you don't like wearing it you can slip it in your pocket.

Direct from WDW!

Time to create page: 0.150 seconds